River/Stream: Wapsipinicon River
Owner: coventry with Iowa DNR easement
Height: 9 ft.
Length: 280 ft.
Hazards: drowning, visibility, usage
Warning Signs: Buchanan CCB installed dam warning and portage trail signs in April, 2008
Portage: there is a good portage on river left just above the dam, through about 150 feet of private property (owner has given permission on a blanket basis) to a beach below the dam
Comments: state access
- July 1, 1996 - Melvin Lightfoot, Sr. & Melvin Lightfoot, Jr., boating accident
- June 4, 1990 - Patrick Graham, attempted to rescue his son, Tom, who survived after jumping in to rescue his dog that also drowned
- June, 1980, Rebecca Marie Cory
- June 9, 1963 - boaters Merrill Broshar & Lloyd McAllister
- June 7, 1959 - swimmer Casper C. Cook
- June, 1937 - George Nagy, fell in while fishing
- September, 1936 - Ray Baldwin, attempted swim from rowboat to shore above dam