River/Stream: Wapsipinicon River
Built: 1935. Demolished March 2019.
Owner: coventry with Iowa DNR easement
Height: formerly 9 ft.
Length: formerly 280 ft.
Hazards: drowning, visibility, usage
Warning Signs: Buchanan CCB installed dam warning and portage trail signs in April, 2008
Comments: upstream rock arch rapids construction in progress
- July 1, 1996 - Melvin Lightfoot, Sr. & Melvin Lightfoot, Jr., boating accident
- June 4, 1990 - Patrick Graham, attempted to rescue his son, Tom, who survived after jumping in to rescue his dog that also drowned
- June, 1980, Rebecca Marie Cory
- June 9, 1963 - boaters Merrill Broshar & Lloyd McAllister
- June 7, 1959 - swimmer Casper C. Cook
- June, 1937 - George Nagy, fell in while fishing
- September, 1936 - Ray Baldwin, attempted swim from rowboat to shore above dam